Saturday, July 4, 2009

Top 10: #7 Accept that you WILL need help...



7. Accept that you WILL need help. Unless you're planning an intimate shin-dig for 30 guests, chances are you will not be able to do everything all on your own. Believe me. I tried. Without trying to be shameless plug, if you want your day to run as smoothly as possible you will need a dedicated friend or family member or a wedding co-ordinator. I pretty much did everything on my own, and I mean everything, up until 3AM the night before my wedding, and after that I let my day-of wedding planner take the reigns. I took photos of how I wanted the centerpieces set up, I drew diagrams and tables for everything you can imagine, and labeled the jars of the candy buffet so she knew which candy to put in which jar. As much as my type-A personality would have loved to have been able to do it all myself, it just wasn't feasible. I was busy getting married. Some brides will ask a friend or family member to do all the set-up and make sure the reception runs smoothly, and others would rather have someone outside of the guest list do the work so they have time to spend with all their loved ones on their big day. Either way, you will soon realize how important it is to have someone assist you on your wedding day.

To keep stress levels down, don't be afraid to delegate pre-wedding projects to your friends. Have a craft night, show them how you want the favor boxes constructed and how long each ribbon should be cut and just go for it! If you try to do it all yourself it will take you hours and hours and hours. And if you aren't able to round up helpers for your DIY projects or for addressing your invitations and so forth, most wedding planners will offer their services hourly for a reasonable rate. Whatever you choose to do, don't try to be the hero and do it all on your own. You will be so happy to have asked for help when it comes down to crunch time and it will make your wedding day that much more enjoyable!

(Photo credit: http://www.wpic.ca/)

No comments:

Post a Comment