Saturday, October 3, 2009

Les Petits Desserts

Mini Cherry Pies


Petit Fours


Mini Pumpkin Pies!


Mini chocolate chip Pancake bites


This is something completely unrelated to weddings, but it's so adorable I just had to share! Plus, as mini-everything is all the rage, these adorable bite sized baked goods from bakerella could be tweaked to your wedding or event theme and used on your Amy Atlas style dessert table!

I don't know why I am so fascinated with them, but I just can't get over how cute and convenient miniatures are. Yesterday when baking some delicious mint fudge brownies, I decided to spoon the batter into my mini cupcake sheet instead of a brownie pan. The result was delicious bite sized brownies, and saved me the arduous task of trying to cut gooey brownies into squares, which quite frankly I suck at!

I think the bite-sized pancake idea has got to be one of the most innovative of them all. I mean, really, making pancakes isn't always fun, and inevitably half the batch ends up being much cooler than the other. This way everyone eats at the same time and they're perfect for dipping into syrup. I think I may try making a mini version of french toast the same way (cut out circles of bread to place in mini cupcake pan, cover with milky egg mixture).

Anyone else have some ideas for "minis"? Leave your comments please!!

No comments:

Post a Comment