Friday, August 13, 2010

Kitty Candyland











Yes, this event was a while ago but I'm playing catch up, starting with May. May ended up being my busiest monthsof the year, jam packed with weddings, and a last minute event was the icing on top. When Lexie of the The Kitty Card contacted me to design their Official Launch Party, I hesitated. I knew it would be an incredible opportunity to go all out pink and girly just like the last event I did for them. But I think I had something like 3 weeks to whip this thing together. This wasn't just a candy buffet; this was a full on event design complete with carnival themed decor, custom pink lighting, a deluxe sweets table, designer cake, cotton candy machine, and full on graphic design and custom sign printing. Phew I got tired just thinking about all that work again.

Anyways, after much deliberation, I decided, why not? I don't often get to just take off and run with my creativity. Obviously wedding couples want their tastes encorporated into their wedding, not mine. But a pink girl through and through, I knew I could satisfy the Kitty Card brand while having some fun myself. I also thought it would be a great way to get my name out there and show what I could do (nb: not so much. I had high hopes for the news media that attended, but turns out no one cares to ask for nor credit the person who designed and pulled together the whole event :( Oh well- it was still pretty darn fun to do!). The GORGEOUS cake was designed by the uber talented Anna of Anna Elizabeth Cakes and the rentals were graciously supplied by my go to girl Carolyn from All Occassions Chic Decor Rentals.


No comments:

Post a Comment